March 08, 2011

Congratulations Simon! – First solo of 2011

Aerobility student Simon Li went solo at Blackbushe on Saturday 5 March.

Instructor Mike Owen said "Simon was ready to go solo a few weeks ago but the weather delayed us for a while. The solo flight was good - landing looked great; Blackbushe ATC reported no problems. I think Simon's photo says the rest!"

Simon tells us "In the practice circuit it wasn't going to plan, I was all over the place because I hadn't done a circuit for a while. After landing for a de-brief with Mike, I put myself together and flew 3 good circuits.

Then Mike give me the ok to go Solo. I put myself together and remember all my training from Mike. When I lined up for take off I was so happy that I was doing a solo flight all on my own. Once I got take off it was so amazing and I fully enjoyed myself. It's a day that I will always remember."

Keep up the good work Simon.


No comments:

Post a Comment