April 26, 2012

Marathon Heroes

Aerobility is extremely fortunate to have had 2 marathon runners in last weekend's prestigious London Marathon. Congratulations to both Andy Jennings and Saul Allison on their fantastic achievement. Thank you both for your incredible efforts supporting Aerobility, and thank you to those that have sponsored them.

Saul Allison achieved a cracking time of  4hrs 22 mins. A great achievement for anyone, however Sauls achievement is even more incredible as he has profound sight loss.  "I am still pinching myself this morning that I have done it after all the training since Christmas. Words can't describe how pleased I am to have done it for a great cause. This morning my legs are getting better but still hurts when sitting down and walking up the stairs, but it has been worth it."

Andy Jennings  (33059) achieving a blistering time came close to rivalling even professional athletes.
"In perfect running conditions I completed the race in 3hrs 1min 54secs, not far off a personal-best so I am very pleased.  This was good enough for 1358th place - and only 49mins off the Team GB Olympic qualifying time!".

Please please please recognise their efforts by visiting their fundraising pages and making a pledge:

Saul Allison


Andy Jennings


No comments:

Post a Comment