October 21, 2013

Solo Success!

Congratulations to Karl Hinett and Matt Noakes, who have both achieved the very special milestone of a first solo. Karl has been training with us at Blackbushe, whilst Matt is a student with us at Tatenhill. Both have shown incredible determination and we would like to say a huge congratulations. Below, Karl talks about his training so far and Aerobility instructor Craig tells us how Matt has been getting on.


"Hello everyone, my name is Karl Hinett and I have been spending the past few months training with Aerobility in getting my PPL. So far the training is going well, on 19th September I had successfully completed my first solo flight in a PA-28-161 Warrior. I hadn't been that nervous in a long time, but as soon as I was lined up to take off, all the previous training taken control and everything went as smooth as the wind would allow.


It was quite ironic and also a huge milestone, because also on that day only eight years ago, I was serving with the British Army in Basra, Iraq. During that day I was supporting a huge operation in the rescue of two captured British Soldiers, and whilst I was operating the weapons system of my Warrior armoured fighting vehicle, I was critically injured by a petrol bomb.


I never would have thought when I was lying in a hospital bed years ago, accepting the end of my Army career, that I would be perusing anything as exhilarating and adventurous as I am now with aviation, and it's thanks to the likes of Aerobility and their hardworking team, alongside Boeing that I can peruse this amazing dream." Karl Hinett, Aerobility Student


Matt setting off for his solo....
"Matt has done very well, he completed his first solo after only 14 hours training!!  He has been flying with me since July and he has taken to flying very well. He is very enthusiastic and always looks forward to his lessons. 

This month, Matt completed his first solo in the PA28 G-TALH and his landing was a "greaser " on runway 26. Obviously afterwards he was extremely happy and commented about the fact that it was a little strange flying with an empty right hand seat, no instructor nagging at him!!" Craig Knott, Aerobility Instructor 

Mike Miller-Smith was pleased to be able to congratulate Matt and the Tatenhill instructors in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment